We offer all services related to the exploration, assessment, and remediation of legacy pollution, land recycling, remediation planning according to the BBodSchG, and remediation management.
Gibs geologen + ingenieure is accredited as specified by Art. 18 of the BBodSchG to render services in subject fields (Sachgebiet) SG1 (extensive and site-specific and historical surveys), SG2 (risk assessment for the exposure pathway soil – surface water), and SG 5 (remediation). This accreditation ensures that the relevant authorities recognize the results of expert and planning services rendered within the scope of exploration and remediation of legacy pollution. Gibs provides services in the following areas.
[toggle title=”Exploration of Suspected Contaminated Sites”]
- Historical research: site visits; archive research; analysis of historical maps and multi-temporal aerial images; designation/identification of suspected contaminated sites; risk assessment
- Exploration and detailed surveys: exploration in terms of exposure pathways soil -surface water, soil – crop plants, and soil – humans; sampling for subsequent analysis of soil, groundwater, and soil air; assessment of results in terms of legal provisions (BBodSchG, Water Act, etc.); leachate prediction, transport prediction, risk assessment
- Remediation surveys: performance of field surveys, e.g. pumping tests and soil air extraction tests, planning and performance of pilot tests in the field
- Specific survey methods: hydraulic and immission pumping tests; soil air extraction tests incl. reach determination; tracer tests; contaminant transport models; geophysical investigation of the borehole and the surface; photogeological mapping; GPS-based surveys
[toggle title=”Remedation Planning according to the BBodSchV”]
- Approval planning; identification of suitable measures; assessment of technical and economic feasibility of remediation alternatives; feasibility studies; variation studies; cost estimation and scheduling/time management; preparation of approval applications
- Implementation planning: planning and contracting of remediation measures (earthwork, disposal, facility construction, remediation methods); preparation of health and safety plans according to BGR 128 for work in contaminated areas; quality assurance plans
[toggle title=”Supervision of Remediation Projects”]
- Expert site management: overall site management; on-site site management; coordination of health and safety measures; professional sampling of solids, liquids, and gases (piles of excavated material, remediation facilities, emission control); disposal management; identification and monitoring of disposal paths; invoice verification; cost control
- Supervision/management of ongoing remediation projects: continuous supervision of ongoing remediation work; sampling and analysis; servicing of remediation facilities; assessment of effectiveness of remediation measures; optimization of methods employed for ongoing remediation projects; coordination with relevant authorities; invoice verification and cost control
- Environmental data management: development of databases and GIS applications for the recording, management, and assessment of large amounts of data obtained during the remediation of legacy pollution; visualization of remediation-relevant information using a GIS; development of user interfaces with analysis laboratories and authorities